Genius Hour Questions for 2017- Amazing Stuff!

What would you do if you could shape your learning? We asked our students to come up with a question that they could use to guide their Genius Hour projects this year. The pitches are in and approved. Here is the list of amazing, unusual, and intriguing challenges that students of division 2 have set for themselves:

Genius Hour Questions 2017
• What can we do to help prevent food allergies in the future? -Raakin
• It even possible for a 12-year-old kid to write and produce a school musical? -Sophie
• Can a 12-year-old girl take it upon herself to learn to code within the year and ultimately build a                                  website? - Jacoba
• How can I make a functional Rube Goldberg machine with limited space? -Michael
• What can robots I create, do for me? –Gavin
• How can I improve my own artistic abilities by researching and practicing my favourite artists’                                     techniques? - Lucy
• What do I need to learn to make a good stop motion Lego video? –Zlatko
• What is it like to be a doctor and researcher in the real world? – Stephen
• What factors make a cookbook a bestseller and how do I create a cookbook of my favourite recipes? –Ella
• How does elite gymnastics impact an athlete in their daily life? –Brianna
• What skills do I need to become a designer and dressmaker? - Amelia
• What are the tools I’ll need to write and sing my own original songs? - Louise
• Can I improve my vertical leap by March by doing exercises once a week that I’ve researched? - Jason
• Can I learn to sew and design a camouflage cloak? - Owen
• If I create a YouTube channel, what will bring me audience and how much fun can I have?  - Gavin
• Can I build my own skateboard from scratch? What tools, skills and time will I need? –Charlie
• Can I design and make long lasting goalie gloves? - George “Cheez Whiz”
• Can I encourage youth to read more if I create a blog that has book reviews and                                                               recommendations? - Kristina
• Who are philosophers and how can I use my inspiration from their ideas to create my own                                           philosophy? - Lauren
• How can I write a historical novel? - Simone
• How can I make a blog and offer craft tutorials? - Aggie
• What does it take to learn to felt and then successfully teach those felting techniques to kids? 
         - Sofia
• What is happening to the ocean and how can I help? – Walker
• How much can your soccer performance (shooting, dribbling) improve with one extra hour of  practice a                   week? – Daniel
• How can I build an airplane out of wood that is aerodynamic? - Ben
• How does a blind person experience a normal day? –Annabelle
• What’s it like to create animation using a computer? – Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Geniuses at Work: Here is a list of our inquiry questions for 2019-2020

Genius Hour Questions 2019-2020 ·       What impact does a healthy free lunch program (nutrition) and schools being built closer to stu...